Roman is a researcher at CIRCLE. He graduated in economic geography at the University of Hanover, Germany, and obtained his PhD in economic geography from CIRCLE and the Department of Human Geography, Lund University. His research interest lies in the area of clusters, regional innovation systems and differentiated knowledge bases.
- Cluster Life Cycles – the role of actors, networks and institutions in emerging, growing, declining and renewing clusters. Financed by European Science Foundation/the Swedish Research Council (2011-2013).
- Martin, R. (forthcoming). Differentiated Knowledge Bases and the Nature of Innovation Networks. European Planning Studies. DOI: 10.1080/09654313.2012.755836
- Martin, R., & Moodysson, J. (2013). Comparing Knowledge Bases: On the Geography and Organization of Knowledge Sourcing in the Regional Innovation System of Scania, Sweden. European Urban and Regional Studies, 20(2), 170-187.
- Martin, R. (2012). Knowledge Bases and the Geography of Innovation. Lund: Lund University Press.
- Martin, R. (2012). Measuring Knowledge Bases in Swedish Regions. European Planning Studies, 20(9), 1569-1582.
- Martin, R., Moodysson, J., & Zukauskaite, E. (2011). Regional Innovation Policy Beyond ‘Best Practice’: Lessons from Sweden. Journal of the Knowledge Economy, 2(4), 550-568.
- Martin, R., & Moodysson, J. (2011). Innovation in Symbolic Industries: The Geography and Organization of Knowledge Sourcing. European Planning Studies, 19(7), 1183-1203.
- Martin, R. (2008): Effizienz der Forschung in den Europäischen Regionen. Diplomarbeiten am Fraunhofer ISI, CC-P, Karlsruhe/Hannover.