Lars "Baker" Andersson – drummer, composer, jazz educator
He has worked with Putte Wickman, Vincent Herring, Joey Calderazzo, Mark Murphy, Stacey Kent, Ted Curson, Benny Bailey, Jesper Thilo, Arne ”Dompan ” Domnérus, Nils Landgren, Monica Zetterlund, Svante Thuresson, Claes Jansson, Sonya Hedenbratt, Etta Cameron, Georgie Fame, Tomas Franck, Richard Boone, Victoria Tolstoy, Gunnar ”Siljabloo” Nilsson, Esbjörn Svensson, Jan Lundgren a.o.
Since the beginning of the 90´s he´s been touring all over Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland and to countries all over Europe, playing at international and national jazz festivals and clubs.
- 1989-1994 Monday Night Big Band. Playing every Monday night all year around at Mattson´s music pub in Malmö. Playing festivals and jazz clubs in Scandinavia.
- 1989-1996 Member of Caroline Leander trio. Playing clubs and festivals in Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Italy.
- 1989-2000 Bo Sylvén & Lisa Linn Quintet. Touring in Scandinavia, often with Putte Wickman as a guest soloist.
- 1990-2001 Bakerboys. Leading a jazz quartet with Niklas Fredin (trpt), Jan Lundgren (piano), Hans Andersson (bass), Lars Andersson (drums)
- 1997-99 Jazzquintett - Hus. Leading a jazz group with Karl-Martin Almqvist (ten.) Ola Åkerman (trbn) Jakob Karlzon (pi) Mattias Hjorth (b). He plays original compositions. Recorded for the Swedish Radio P2 1997.
- 1989-2001 Freelancing, touring and playing on several occasions with artists such as Arne ” Dompan ” Domnérus, Nisse Landgren, Monica Zetterlund, Svante Thuresson, Sonya Hedenbratt, Etta Cameron, Victoria Tolstoy, Esbjörn Svensson,
- 1996 Sat in with the David Murray Big Band at Knitting Factory, New York.
- 1998 Tour with Vincent Herring and Joey Calderazzo
- 1999 Gig with Stacey Kent at Mejeriet, Lunds Jazzfestival
Jazz clubs & Jazz festivals
- Fashing Stockholm, with various bands
- Fredmans Malmö, w. various bands
- Copenhagen Jazzhouse, Copenhagen w. various bands
- Molde Jazzfestival, Norway, w. Monday Night BB
- Pori Jazzfestival, Finland, w. Caroline Leander Trio
- Stockholm Jazz and Blues, Sweden, w. MNBB, Mark Murphy
- Kalott Jazzfestival, Sweden, w. Mark Murphy
- Various clubs/festivals, Sweden, w. Bakerboys a.o.
- Lund Jazzfestival, Sweden, w. Stacey Kent a.o
- Visby, Sweden, w. Monica Zetterlund
- 1993 Caroline Leander Trio
- 1995 Caroline Leander Trio
- 1995 Bakerboys (Facin´our time w Mark Murphy,Tomas Franck)
- 1997 Bakerboys (First Choice)
- 1998 Bo Sylvén/Lisa Linn Quintet with Putte Wickman
- 2002 Bakerboys (Gershwin & more w Katrine Madsen & Jacob Fischer)
- 2005 Jean-Simon Maurin Trio ( Rhythm with a pinch of something)
- 2008 Round Midninght Big Band ( A tribute to Sinatra)
- 2009 Jean-Simon Maurin Trio with Elin Wrede
- Lars “Baker” Andersson, drummer, born 1965 in Simrishamn, Sweden.
- He started playing drums at the age of 10 and his interest in jazz started early. When he was 14 years old he played with Big Bands as well as small jazz-combo groups.
- 1986-88 Studied the 2-year jazz program at Skurups Folkhögskola, Sweden
- 1988-92 He studied at the 4-year jazz programme at the Malmö Academy of Music, where he graduated with a Master´s Degree in music education in 1992.
- 1990-1994 Regular visits to New York city. Private lessons at Drummers Collective. Taking lessons from various teachers such as Marvin ”Smitty” Smith a.o.