born 1980, MLIS, doctoral student and lecturer in Library and Information Science.
I was accepted as phd student in 2009 and my thesis project concerns the potential consequences of implementing and using social media in Swedish public library organisations. I'm interested in how the implementation of these "new" services are justified, how they are shaped to fit into the library setting and what type of relations and practises they might give rise to.
Before starting the phd program I worked as a librarian, mainly at the public library in Svalöv, Sweden and as a lecturer at the department of cultural sciences, Lund university. In 2008 I was engaged by the regional network "Libraries, museums and archives in Scania" for evaluating the possibilities of increased local cooperation between libraries, museums and archives.
This year I am the phd-student representative at the department board and member of the student's union council.
* Course coordinator "The Digital library", (7,5 HE credits second cycle/master’s level), 2009.
* Course coordinator "Kvalificerad webbhantering", (15 HE credits, first cycle/undergraduate level), 2008-2009.
* Tutor in Problem based learning, 2008-2010.
*"Library 2.0 and organisational change. Implications for local public libraries". Symposium: Library 2.0 - an new participatory context, Åbo Akademi, 2010
* Presentation of thesis project at the NORSLIS Workshop “Theories, Methodologies and Research Methods in Information studies”, Tallin 2009
* Short presentation of thesis project and of the postgraduate program in LIS at Lund university at the conference “Biblioteksforskning i Norden. Strategier inför framtiden”, Borås 2009.
* Presentation of the report MLA in Scania – a network in change at the Swedish National MLA-conference, Lund 2008
Content manager: Hanna Carlsson
Page content last modified 3 Feb 2012
Last modified 12 Feb 2010